On this day last year a KJ in East Peoria...

How do I start this off since alot happened? Last year on this day
(Jan 20, 2017) I went in for a throat procedure and caught KJRY
in East Peoria which I never seen before and haven't since.  The
day started having to go in for a minor throat procedure to remove
blockage from my airway plus for them to check out the tracheostomey
and such. I was out for a few hours.  I left early taking my brother n
law in case I was too out of it to drive home.  So leave around 4:30 in
the morning and drive by Kolbe on the way where the locomotives
were sitting snapped a few pictures then go on to the hospital. They 
do the procedure, I survived but was sore and couldn't talk and we
leave.

After we leave Scott doesn't know Peoria well and I got tired of trying
to point out directions and couldn't speak  loud due to a very sore throat.
I got impatient and took over the wheel despite being still tired and sore
as hell. I just didn't want to talk much so also did it to prevent further
irritation to the throat. Did I mention I have poor impulses and patience?
Well I do. I don't like being the one in the passenger seat either plus wanted
to see if there was trains while over there.  I ended up catching KJRY crossing
Sanger Street in Peoria with a line of tank cars heading towards the bridge.  
I head looking for something across the river hoping to catch what I just seen
and ran across KJRY with the Geep and F's  in the yard off Washington Street
in East Peoria. I have never seen them that far up before and have not since.
They switched the locomotives to another track then took them back out of
sight.  I did manage to get some photographs snapped.  I wish I thought about
filming them when they switched tracks. After that just wanted to go home
and rest so didn't really look for much else.  This find made my day worth it
though so I was pleased.

I'm not sure if people will read this or not but it was a good little memory
despite the surgery crap. I tried to make the best out of it in the hospital with
good humor so managed to get through that without worrying plus anymore
have the attitude whatever happens happens so  no matter what there really
is no point worrying plus OSF is a pretty reliable place with great doctors so
I wasn't too concerned. If you're going to flat line you'd be in the perfect place
besides. OSF will bust their butt to save you so it was all good and I trust them.














I'm not real active right now on the railfanning due to being broke and the usual
crap so my only hope for a while is if a KJRY rolls through the city of Canton itself.
I have no idea what my one railfan trip will be next when I can afford it. I thought
another Galesburg one since it is so active and trying the Barstow sub or trying my
hand at Springfield again plus check out the Kincaid Power Plant. There is a depot
in Springfield I want to check out also want to catch Amtrak at Springfield or even
Lincoln at some point. It depends on the budget, weather and health.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline