Coal mines around Norris
I have had interest in local coal mines ever since starting genealogy around 1999 and 2000. Well that's when it started because I would often read about little mines or see names of relatives that worked here and there at mines not including my Dad or great Uncle (by marriage who was a coal miner). I have seen listed a mine that has intrigued me but have yet to find much about it other than it was a brief mine in the mid to late 1930's by the name Billings & May. I have found the Billing's name of Arthur Billings but have no luck with the May. Since I have linked every May in this county and is buried here but two as all related it was no doubt a relative of some sort but whom I have yet to find. Anyways that mine was down by Saint David and not the mine I'm going to discuss. A small town north of Canton off route 78 sits a small town of Norris which is situated on the former CB&Q/BN/BNSF railroad tracks which are now long gone since 2017 ...
Comments
Post a Comment