The train jackpot was hit today!

What started out as a day of paying bills turned into a small adventure for a bored house wife from Canton.  We all don't want to hear about boring old bills so we will skip that part.  I secured the car for the afternoon so while i paid my stuff I got to indulge in a little railfanning and  it started pretty much as soon as I got over to Mapleton.  I drove by hoping KJRY would be heading towards Peoria the same time as me and for once i got lucky they were so i waited on them.   I filmed them just outside of Mapleton east of Kolbe  then went up further ahead to Mendenhall road just south of Bartonville and parked my butt patiently waiting.  It was up the tracks i noticed on  another track a TZPR train.  At first i thought maybe it was TP&W needing to get to Mapleton waiting for KJRY to clear but after KJRY passed by I waited a while and still no movement.  There was brief chatter on the scanner but nothing to suggest it was ready.  I drove by it just for a closer look and it was two TZPR switchers with a load facing south.   Since they seemed like they were going to be a while.  The engineer looked bored and I was too at that moment.  I went to Pekin paid my two bills there and came back and he was still there.  Not long after i seen someone walk up to throw the switch and he rolled out onto the UP tracks and  went by.  He stopped between the road i was on and the Power plant.  By that time I had to use the ladies room somewhere so I had to leave.

I left Bartonville in search of other action and ended  up going down to South Pekin where i seen a UP Coal train but it was hauling butt and there was a speed limit for vehicles in the city limits so didn't quite get it in time but I followed it to Pekin where it stopped shortly.  It pulled up by the Old C&IM depot and parked for a few minutes.  I took a few pictures and filmed it leaving.  I  then back tracked to explore this Wagonseller road where I seen a BNSF coal train heading into the  powerton yard no doubts coming from Havana.  I didn't film it but did take a few pictures.  ON the way back to Pekin seen two  does grazing  off the road and took a few pictures of them.  Then it was off to Wesley road I went to just snoop a little.  Guess who I see sitting in the TZPR yard my beauty #1750 and her usual line up but added to it was #1301.  I guess it was leased out to them and they were taking it to Kolbe but that is all I have been told since that person didn't know other than that.  I got a phone call so I sort of just hung there for  ten minutes dealing with that then went and just had a look at various places before going over the bridge to Peoria.  There  I  seen a BNSF train sitting off Darst train and was going to go check her out but heard on the scanner that Prex #1750 ( my baby lol) was getting ready to cross the bridge over to Peoria so I  dropped BNSF as quick as I could to go  check KJRY out.  I wanted to get them coming around Bridge Junction and so I did.   I took more pictures south of Bartonville and a few at that Junction  off route 24 to Pekin.  After that I went home so it was a pretty good day railfanning.  To some people it might be a slow day but coming from a town where trains only pass twice a week it's pretty good count. I enjoyed myself.

Now i have a ton of pictures to organize and some videos to upload the fun part really begins. I'll post a few pictures.  Okay maybe  four or five. Haha. Oops or six!   :)





Comments

  1. Looks like you got some nice variety today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you figured out how to imbed videos here? I know there are a few ways of doing it, depending on the website's code.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No not yet I was wondering if i had to post the link or share it on here somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never mind figured it out. It was pretty simple.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Galesburg & Great Eastern Railroad of Knox County, Illinois.