My trip with my friend to Iowa part 2 of 2

This is part 2 of 2 to the trip to Illinois so this part covers only the Iowa end of it.  We crossed the River at Rock Island to Davenport and explored some.  We seen quite a few CP locomotives while over there.  I have never  photographed Canadian Pacific at all so this was a new experience.  WE hung around Schmidt Road then went to Wapello  then Railroad street to view the CP yard.   Their yard has a turn table and looks like a small round house sort of building and quite a few tracks. Not too far from it is a Marsh like park you can pull into and watch trains if you wished.  We just didnt see any active ones pulling through other than a locomotive moving cars back into the yard off Schmidt but he backed in before  we could film but got some pictures so not at all a loss. I also noticed an exempt track off Rockingham road that looked like it hasnt been used in a while I'm kind of curious about so will have to google it.

After Davenport I drove us down to Muscatine to see what they had but didnt see anything but two CP locomotives parked.  I was later told by another friend they have quite a bit of activity but I was on the wrong side of the town.  Oops.  I was kind of rushing Muscatine so we can go back into Illinois for Keithsburg before it got dark so maybe another time for Muscatine.  Iowa trips are probably done for a while.  I want to focus on other parts of Illinois next like Quincy, Jacksonville, Litchfield and Bloomington-Normal.  Anyways dropping a bunch of pictures.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)