TZPR PMP pick up Nov 5, 2015







On November 5, 2015 while I was in Peoria I was lucky enough to catch TZPR 's Sw10 #1351 pick up some cars at the PMP facility in Peoria, Illinois.   I think a friend David told me it was Corn syrup or something.   Anyways it was a pretty cool catch.  The conductor threw the switch and the locomotive  went  and coupled onto the load at PMP and came back on the main line then headed off a few minutes later.  It was a rainy day but worth getting soaked. I'm guessing they headed off to bridge junction and crossed over into the yard.  I didn't follow it.  This was a cool little find.  I haven't caught anything there since but I have seen TZPR in various locations since so maybe one day will get lucky again but this time will have a scanner handy whenever it happens.  

I think that was the most mentionable find  rail wise activity I found but time was limited that day so didn't really get to explore until i found something else.  I did look  more into the old CB&Q/BN alley tracks in Peoria. David was nice enough  to give some info on that which had no idea about it other than I have seen them there for like forever.  I have never seen them used as I think he said the last train was when maybe in the 1980's when I was too young plus not over in Peoria as much.   Anyways I'm on limited internet service at the moment until i get paid so for some reason some websites like this one wont let me make responses or share so won't be able to for a few days yet I can make a blog go figure.  I really do hope to catch more of TZPR in the future in Peoria latley the last times have been in Pekin, Creve Coure or East Peoria.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)