KJRY East Peoria Jan 20, 2017

The day I seen Keokuk Junction Railway over in East Peoria near Washington street was an odd sight and I was told a rare one so considering  I survived another surgery procedure that day then to catch that I  consider it a lucky day.  I actually caught them crossing the bridge in Peoria so crossed over to East Peoria.  At the time  thought the Creve Coure one and the East Peoria yard were all one big one part of each other.  Nope. Thanks for people for informing me about that there was the one at Wesley road and the one in East Peoria.  I've made it a point to get more familiar with East Peoria since. Blah blah blah moving on from my mindless chatter.

How I ended up here I came out of surgery and after a waiting recovery time to wake up my brother n law started to drive us home from OSF hospital.  He doesn't know Peoria and kept asking for directions and I couldn't talk since I had a procedure on my throat.  I got irritated trying to point directions and just yelled oh hell give me the wheel.  I took over driving and came through Peoria  and ended up seeing  KJRY starting to cross the bridge over the river.  I go over to East Peoria expecting to catch it there at that yard off Washington street.  It turned out I would but I would later find out they usually don't go that far so now I know.  The conductor threw switches and put the KJRY  Gp20 and F units onto another track then they disappeared backing into the yard.  I wasn't aware at the time they didn't come up this far so didn't know it was a rare sight.  I have no idea if they went back to Kolbe later that day.  I was sore and didn't linger long and just went home after that but it was worth  a few extra minutes to see.  This was on January 20th, 2017.





Comments

  1. KJRY does this when its train for TZPR is too long to fit on one of the nine Long Tracks in the East Peoria Yard. When this happens, they have to "double over" the part that doesn't fit to another track.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)