Testing my new camera with UP and BNSF.




Today was out testing my new camera in the Peoria and Chillicothe areas.  I figured Chillicothe would be the sure 100 percent guarentee I'd find something to film without much effort.  Yeah don't mind me and this isn't an insult to Chillicothe and the Chilli sub but it's my lazy line as I call it.  If I'm feeling too lazy to go put in the effort to go dig up something I go park  around Chillicothe and wait until something comes to me.  I prefer to explore though so it isn't often I do that.  I wanted to film something to see how footage came out.  Pictures they come out crystal clear unlike my old busted camera. It also doesn't take a  few seconds to focus nor is there a  scratch on the Lens.  I'll treat this one like royalty and try to not be so clumbsy.  I'm happy  pictures are better than what I was taking with the crap camera.  I'll keep that as a spare or give it to my brother in law if he wants it.

Anyways enough rambling on about nothing  I filmed a Union Pacific train.  I'm still learning the terms so intermodel with some piggy backs they were hauling.  Then afterwards on my scanner I heard mention of NS cars or something so figured Iowa Interstate was going to come up at somewhere.  Sure enough some empties were coming up north.  I caught them around Mossville just south of there and turned around to find spots to photograph.  I'll get more about them in a seperate thread they deserve one of their own since it was my first time catching them outside of Wesley road or Peoria.  I leave after  filming them at Chillicothe then head to Peoria on my way home satisfied.  I heard some chatter about  some movement off Darst Street in Peoria so I go park there and watch a UP train  switch from one track then went to another while a BNSF coal train was waiting.  After the UP left the BNSF proceeded onward.  I left after that and went home.

All and all I'm satisfied with how my new camera is working even though it was ten or fifteen bucks cheaper than my old Kodak C195.  This is a smaller blue one.  A Vivitar ViviCam S126 I purchased at Walmart. I was too impatient to buy off Amazon and buying a used one comes at a risk so I wanted something new.  This was the only thing in my price range.  I also bought a tripod which I plan on using soon and a memory card for it.  The weather was  chilly but beautiful out for the most part. It got cloudy briefly in a few spots but it passed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

BNSF local chase (Peoria -Galesburg)