Afternoon drive to escape and got lucky!

Before i went to see my mom needed to clear my head so went out and i  went to see how the Spoon River was at Bernadotte. It was up to the banks full but i've seen it worse so it went down plus we didn't get as much rain as some areas so the flooding might not have been as bad.  I've seen water up to the road flooding the cafe at it's worst and i'm sure it's been worse than that. Duncan Mills was the same up to the banks.  Fields around it looked like they were previously flooded so obviously went down.  I seen part of the old bridge up on the property of the Cafe so I guess they finally cleaned up the part that collapsed in the Spoon a few years back. I wonder if they'll restore the bridge or eventually take it out.  I haven't heard anything recent about it.




I went to Bushnell taking Table Grove hoping to catch a  train on the tracks either around Ipava or the other line from Table Grove to Adair but no such luck.  I figure since Bushnell wasn't too far i'd have better luck which I did.  I managed to nail two BNSF trains one was a coal one heading south the other was sitting off to the side waiting for the Coal one to clear before heading north probably heading to the yard in Galesburg before where ever it's destination is.  A little humorous part was hearing someone on the scanner mention someone flipping them off which was I was like what the hell?  Someone got impatient by a train or a kid being stupid?  I haven't a clue caught in on it halfway in as i turned on the scanner.  Don't look at me ya'll....I might like to give people the finger but just other drivers on the road that tick me off by cutting in front of me and even then it has to really be an idiotic close call.  It was kind of funny but the funniest I heard was some guy let a loud belch once so it didn't top that.  After this went and seen my mom before going back home.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline