Second part to Yesterday's railfan adventure.

Here I am dropping all the videos i took then uploaded.  There was quite a few of them so took forever and a day just to get them uploaded.  Thanks slow internet provider.  I'll try to do them in order as when i filmed them starting in the morning and ending in the late afternoon.

This first one I was going to go to Galesburg to wait at it at the Amtrak station but I seen a BNSF with autoracks i was curious to see what he was going to do after the amtrak passed.  I wait a while and catch this then go use the bathroom at  a facility so when I come back a Coal train was passing by the Autorack train and i get a closer look didn't see any crew around so i left for Galesburg not wanting to wait further. It's not to say they weren't there but i wanted to get to the Amtrak station before the next one so  off to Galesburg I went.

The next train I filmed i stop at the  yard on the bridge over it at Galesburg which I take a few pictures.  Then I see coming up the line this train with two BNSF locomotives with one CSX  
power which i never seen in person CSX of this paint scheme so that's what caught my eye to 
start filming.  The train pulled up a ways then stopped.  I went to the Amtrak Station area after that.
After the yard I head over to Amtrak where i wait for the next train which was a little late which i don't care it gave me enough time to get there and be prepared.  I film it arriving then stop filming to take pictures then I film it depart from the station.
Above was a train that came shortly after the amtrack left an SD40-2 BNSF #1882 pulls out from the yard with a load then backs it onto another track in the yard.  Exchanged waves with the engineer.  It was a very beautiful locomotive and read it was a former AT&SF.  This video is ten minutes long and took the most time to upload.
I film a  BNSF train which only had 4 cars go by off Henderson street then another BNSF comes in where there is a crew change down the track.  After this I got to Cameron, Illinois where I film  two BNSF one was a Intermodal that crossed a bridge then the other was on the other line heading west and was carrying hoppers.  I couldn't tell if they were loaded or not.  On my way back go through Galesburg and catch a UP intermodal and Piggy back train on what I think is the Chilli Sub.  Actually kind of sure it is. After that i go home.

Comments

  1. That four-car L-CHI101 local turn to Streator and back had the same set of power as was on the M-PEIGAL I shot leaving East Peoria early Friday evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. I just seen your video earlier. Well done.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline