Nature will be nature I reckon...

So yesterday i decide to go feed the geese who are now all raising young ( the reason why i love spring everything starts giving birth or hatching eggs) and find a nice spot. So many babies of different ages.  Some look a month old and some maybe a week or two if that.  The parents are protective of course as if Geese aren't already known for their short and belligerent temper.  Reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it.  Anyhow while I was feeding and watching the geese one goose way in the back decided to be a jerk.  I'm used to seeing the adults attack one another it's actually part of their charm if you call it that but wasn't expecting one to go after the babies.  Not the older babies either but the newer ones.  I know i know it's nature and it's crap that happens in the wild all the time.  Life is so cruel and nature is unfair it is what it is type of deal and it's all a part of life within this species but man to see it in person i was actually quite shocked.  I did holler at it to stop....stupid i know.  I was just so stunned actually  I didn't know what to do. Also it happened pretty quick so was like what the hell just happened?  I can't believe i filmed it also because i was filming the babies i was feeding up front before that all started to take place. 
The adult goose ended up attacking one of it's parents chasing it off then went after the baby.  The baby made it and took off  but i bet it got quite the scare as well as a life lesson on how to be a goose.  Yeah, I never thought i would see something like that in person.  Wow just wow.  























Other than that incident it was a beautiful mild day so it was good to get out and enjoy some outdoors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline