I am restless

I am restless and yearning to railfan something different than the same old stuff but am limited on what i can do so looking for areas I have yet to railfan within my part of the state.  I am also on the look out for events or something special to go film or photograph.  For me this is relaxation and it gets my mind of of stuff as well as away from it.  I have always had a fascination with trains as long as i can remember.  My father said it started when i was like two or three  and he never discouraged me.  He didn't care when we moved near the tracks if i ran down and watched TP&W.
He once told me he and his brother would have snowball fights with the engineer of a train and at that time it was steam locomotives.  I can't remember what line he said that was.  He called CB&Q/BN line the Q even after the merger.  He was from the time when there was steam locomotives which started switching over to diesel.  He seen our town with passenger service and two active rail lines.  I couldn't help but laugh at the snowball story and how the engineer got one up them one day and started one since they had previously started one with them.  I take it my dad was a troll.  Now I know where i get it.  Ha!  I'm joking by the way.  He was from a time everyone knew everyone and in much simpler times where people were friendlier.  How I envy their generation.  Mine just sucks and was the start of the downfall i think.   Still my generation isn't as bad as today's thank god.  Anyways I'm going to share a bunch of pictures i took and there's alot of them.  :)









































































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Galesburg & Great Eastern Railroad of Knox County, Illinois.