My Day in pictures....Rail adventure!

My day started off looking up Amtrak schedule online before taking my brother n law and dropping him off at his cousin's near Cuba.  I drive from Cuba and cut across to Bushnell where I see a BNSF  Autorack  sitting off to the side obviously waiting  for the amtrak  that i was expecting to clear and sure enough that train passed.  This train just kept sitting there so I go pee then come back a coal train is passing by it.   I wanted to make the Amtrak Station for the next train so didn't wait on it though I wanted too.  It's been a while for me since I've seen a train that is nothing but autorack cars.  Oh well better luck next time on that type of train.  A friend also messaged me about BNSF about to head towards Duck Creek Power plant and was at Vermont so I was debating back tracking and heading that way and following the line to Ipava  until I seen it or just go onward to Galesburg.  I decided Galesburg;  Don't you hate when you have to choose between trains.  I was expecting another Amtrak I wanted to catch so i  wanted to get up there in time.  I did thankfully it came like a half hour later which is no problem for me it's not like I have better things to do with my time today.  Haha.  I just listened to the Scanner and stood there and waited.  That Amtrak came and went so not too long after  BNSF pulls out of the yard.  They  pull up a ways then end up backing into the yard so guessing switching over to another track.  The Scanner was in the car while i was filming and photographing that.  

After that i look for more trains and a BNSF  pulls by with only three or four cars  before another  one pulls up on the other track next to a white van where  i watch them change out crews.  I leave to go look into Cameron which I've heard is a good spot to railfan.  I caught two on film in person and watched several others while on the phone so didn't pursue them.  It seems like an active enough train wise i must come back again sometime.  I go back to Galesburg and end up  waiting on a Union Pacific Intermodal & Piggy back train on the Chilli sub ( I think) heading east towards Chillicothe.  One thing i don't get is they made some areas No train horn areas which is stupid.  Then again I like trains so I wouldn't exactly care if i had multiple ones per hour rolling byy my house.  Then the signs said two tracks and watch for other trains and I'm like....well duh I'm not blind!. Then I remembered  the world  has idiots in it that lack common sense hence the signs.  Yeah I was just being sarcastic in my mind sort of snarking on fools who ignore such obvious  potential hazards.  It was a decent day and got tired so went home.  I did find a place going to try my luck on more often and it's not too far from Galesburg maybe ten miles or so.  Also greatful it didn't rain and was warm so today was  dare I say it a good day. :)   I'll have a part two for this blog for the videos when they get uploaded and with my internet could take a while. LOL




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline