Galesburg video collection

Here is a collection of trains i have filmed in Galesburg and hopefully will have more in the future to come.  At the end of next month is railroad days which i'm hoping to go to but can't make promises because it depends on budget as well as anxiety levels.  This is one of my favorite towns to railfan and it has many easy to access locations as well as Peck Park. The Mendota sub is there as well as the Chillicothe sub.  The yard is a good sized yard with a  diesel shop for the locomotives.  Amtrak stops at their station here multiple times a day and this city can average dozens  of trains or more today.  For railroad days hoping to tour the steam engiene and their cars there, the museum, a bnsf locomotive if they have one this year and I have interest in the model train show and train yard tour but if there is a huge crowd probably won't bother.  I don't have the patience to wait plus the tour is like twenty dollars so i kind of don't see taking a tour plus it's first come first serve which means a big line no doubts so unless it's guarentee I'm not going to waste my time but that's just me others might have patience and can endure people.  It all depends on the budget.  If i have a good state of mind and anxiety medication i might be able to push myself to deal with people if not it's no big deal i'll go railfan  somewhere in Galesburg or go to another town like Cameron or something.

I will solo this trip once again since i can't afford to keep buying lunches or drinks for various people plus with my husband he wouldn't go to save my life if it depended on it.  My brother n law might.  My mom couldn't handle the walking or even want to do this.  She would expect lunch anyway which wouldn't be bad if i wasn't limited budget wise.  I owe her a day anyway earlier in the month so we'll see how the budget pans out.  I can only budget so much for fun and everything else for  bills or maintaining the vehicle if need be.  The joys of adulting.... πŸ˜‹πŸ˜œ



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline