Another frustrating railroad line...

Once again tried my luck around Vermont, Table Grove to Adair only to come up with nothing.  I go to Bushnell and sit there forever and a day and only seen track equipment run on the BNSF line.  They roll pass me then switch over to the siding where the Caboose is at Bushnell in front of me.  After that I go to Prairie City to the north and see more track equipment and looked like they were working on track so I left and cut my losses. and go home.  This isn't going to be a long blog or even an eventful one but still putting what I got out so it's better than nothing.  I also take a picture of the Canton Opera House which after an explosion in November 2016 may be torn down soon.  This building has  been around forever and  lived through so much including tornadoes.  


Down north west of Lewistown off Route 97 I took a picture of what i think and have been told was a Old signal box for a railroad that crossed the highway in this area back in the 1960's.  This line would have been the CB&Q which had a spur line up to United Electric Cuba Mine aka Mine No 9. That mine shut down around 1971 so I imagine the tracks were taken out around or before that time.  TP&W also served it to the north of their track so it's kind of weird to have two Railroads serve one mine.  Well I suppose not really but in my county it's the first I came across so far like that.  A mine up in Norris might have been served by both CB&Q/BN & C&NW at one time but not entrely sure if it was at the same time or different times.  Either way all of these lines are long gone and some right of ways are easier to spot than others. 

The line i'm frustrated with because i do not know when they run or how often is the BNSF line that runs from Bushnell down to Beardstown.  I have only seen one train on it in Vermont months back and didn't get to catch the whole thing and Table Grove haven't caught anything there in years.  I wish i had a camera then.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Buckheart mine of Dunfermline