A hail storm came down upon us....







Way early this morning was woken up briefly by a storm with hail beating down on the roof and later found out there was a warning.  I was to sleepy to care so rolled over and went back to sleep. I did check up on the baby bunnies nesting around our porch  after i woke up and was able to function.  The one  rabbit i seen was fine. I have no idea where the other went but I just seen the second one a few minutes ago with the other so it evidently found a hiding spot.  All I will do is watch from a distance and zoom in with my camera but they have a nest around my porch somewhere. I seen a hole dug where it burrows under so guessing that is the nursery.  Anyways off the subject of my adorable surrogant children I can only gush over and adore from a distance I also find out Fulton County as well as other counties were under a  severe thunderstorm watch and there was a good sized cell over in Mcdonough County heading east and northeast with a warning.  Our warning started off as a significant weather alert for strom storms approaching but the national weather service issued a warning for Fulton and Knox Counties.  My car is not in shape for me to drive at the moment so I do the next best thing go stand out on the porch with a camera. Yes I am crazy and no I do not fear storms what so ever.  The radar signature looked like there was some hail in it so I was kind of expecting atleast pea sized hail which is the best I have seen in storms for a long while in person.  Boy oh boy I got quite the sight.

Before the storm i noticed one of the babies out in the yard unprotected so without touching it approach it slowly to  shoo it off towards shelter out of the approaching storm.  It went and sat up against the brick wall and out of the open.  I go back to the porch and watch the sky gradually change from partly cloudy to darkening clouds. The storm starts off raining then stopping then picking up as well as a gust of wind then the hail starts in pounding the ground every where.  The hail was various in sized and looked like some good chunks were coming down.  I only grabbed up  some that was near me and not going out in the open which is why i chose the back yard to watch the storm instead of the front porch.  The front porch you'll get good and blasted with a direct hit.  I learned that lesson last year.  Haha.  The back yard shields you from any impact to your body.  I ofcourse enjoyed myself cheering like a mad woman because I am insane after all and fearless to storms.  This is fun for me and relaxing.  I wanted a lively storm and for once mother nature granted my wish.  It's usually false alarms and duds.  It wasn't a major lightning event or a wind event mainly just heavy rain and hail.  The wind was brief.  A friend told me they had baseball sized hail on his side of town.  I seen golf ball sized and what looked like a little bit bigger out in the yard.  This storm didn't disappoint me.  I'm suprised by the size of the hail but  sort of pleased with it.  Hey, I never claimed to be sane!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Galesburg & Great Eastern Railroad of Knox County, Illinois.