Feb 4, 2017 Chillicothe sub trip with a friend

I'll be honest on this blog i would rather be yapping on about railfanning activity than this misc stuff i'm going on about like my family history.  I'm cool with writing about coal mines to which might interest people  my family history however will not.  We're boring people and always have been for the most part as far back as i have traced.  No one became famous or did anything too interesting. They came to America, they farmed and the bred pretty much sums up my family.  On the other hand it does give them sort of a memorial and shout out so i guess it's not too bad to write about  history as boring as it may be.  Yeah, I'm in a rut at the moment other words broke and cars run on this  thing called gasoline so pretty much limited on what i can do at the moment. In the meantime will rehash old trips I guess. I would much rather be there than here but  I should keep that opinion to myself.  Haha.

Anyway going to relive Feb 4, 2017 when I went railfanning with a friend.  We go railfan the chillicothe sub and even go to Edelstein .  We catch trains there and a friend on Facebook gave some heads up on trains that would be coming  to Chillicothe in a matter of minutes.   We also caught a train at the curve to the west of Chilli but my old camera screwed the video up naturally.




After our chilli ride we head back down to Peoria where my friend mentioned Kellar Branch so we take Knoxville up to Catch Pioneer Parkway to see if Pioneer was storing cars yet.   As far as I know they were not but they did have a locomotive parked behind these businesses a GP20  #3069.  That was kind of cool seeing. We left and went home after that mainly because we were running out of time in the day before darkness set in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Galesburg & Great Eastern Railroad of Knox County, Illinois.