Canadian National sitting in Pekin

On Novemeber 3rd, 2016 my brother n law and I went to Pekin for an appointment I think plus to pay a bill.  On the way back  I noticed  workers on the tracks up the line facing north and down the line to the south was a Canadian National freight train sitting next to the old C&IM depot in Pekin.  We stopped and took pictures on one side of the road then  drove  around it to the other side parking in the depot parking lot.  I admit I am kind of fond of CN colors so this was an absolute joy to catch.  We hung around for a while talking about the train itself then discussing any maintnance on the vehicle we have so pretty much hang at the depot for a good half hour or longer. We left so no idea when it  took off towards Wesley road but it was a pretty cool sight.  It's not often when i have company when i stop for trains so I appriciated his patience.  If my husband had been there I would have been mocked to no end with lame jokes and he would have complained about how boring this was and to hurry up. haha.  Party pooper!









Comments

  1. I always like catching CN's northbound L56491 with Decatur-built Caterpillar machinery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only seen this once on the CN so far. Is the Decatur Cat plant going to close? I heard something about it a while but fairly certain the Aurora one may be about to meet it's end by the way people talk and an article about it. I really hope not the railroads will take a blow if they do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Galesburg & Great Eastern Railroad of Knox County, Illinois.