Early morning catch

Today an hour after i got up this morning i hear the distinctive blow of the horn of an F unit.  My car has a power steering line issue my brother n law has yet to fix so making turns is difficult for me and takes alot of strength so my brother n law has been driving me around which I hate.  I miss my independence damn it....grrr.  Oh who cares anyway I shake him out of bed to take me to  catch it and head west where it was just outside of town heading west.  I photograph it from a moving car and we get a head of it by a mile and park.  I filmed it so since i haven't been too active latley this delights me.  I can't wait til he fixes that car so I can just drive myself and stop as well as park whenever I want.  It's frustrating but manageable so really cannot complain.  Atleast the car runs so meh!

If I had the gas and the car was fixed so I could drive it i probably would have followed it out to Mcdonough county and over to where ever they make their exchange with locomotives around Good Hope or La Harpe.  I plan on it one of these days anyways.  I have been listening out for them the past two days.  Their westbound runs have varied latley.  They have recently been doing work on the tracks and I think replacing ties since i have been seeing stacks of them here and there.  I'm glad to see them do any work to the tracks to be honest.  They run their trucks atleast once a week i noticed so they are taking care of the line. I'm just glad they are it shows me a good sign that maybe activity will increase.  It should anyway it's getting into the seasons where they pick up. :)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fulton County, Illinois Ghost towns Part 1

Middle Grove- Rapatee Coal mine

Galesburg & Great Eastern Railroad of Knox County, Illinois.